IMPROVING SYSTEMS. EMPOWERING INDIVIDUALS.
EDUTAS matches experienced, professional staff with clients requesting strategic planning, strategic communications, and project and performance management supports. Whether you are looking for a team to provide project management services for you, or you desire to gain strategic management skills yourself, EDUTAS has a team of expert facilitators and trainers for you.
Contact us about learning opportunities to address the complex or straightforward needs through systems improvement.
Key EDUTAS Learning Opportunities
Our comprehensive approach to systems change begins with a backward-mapping process. The Theory of Change (TOC) process assists program stakeholders to determine needs, strategies, and expected outcomes to reach long-term impact goals. Final TOC products include a flowchart, narrative, logic model, strategic action plan, internal and external communications plans, and an implementation plan.
EDUTAS staff members are experienced TOC and strategic planning facilitators. EDUTAS partners with the Center for Theory of Change at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY).
Program and project evaluation planning establishes processes necessary to document and analyze the degree to which short-, intermediate-, and long-term desired outcomes have been met. Evaluation planning considers the success of interventions and fidelity of implementation. EDUTAS leads organizations through the evaluation planning process, often with a Theory of Change or Logic Model as a foundation.
EDUTAS partners with the Educational Training, Evaluation, Assessment, and Measurement (E-TEAM) department at the University of Oklahoma College of Continuing Education to implement evaluations that use information and data to improve systems and outcomes.
To learn more about Program Evaluation, please visit our Archived Knowledge Base.
EDUTAS staff members are experienced facilitators of the Strategic Performance Management (SPM) process developed by the U. S. Department of Education’s Building State Capacity and Productivity Center. SPM connects strategic planning and performance management to direct daily work and inspire innovation. SPM drives efficiency and effectiveness, leading to improved results and long-term impact goals. SPM employs some traditional elements of strategic planning – vision, mission, values, goals, strategies, milestones, and action plans – to establish a strategic direction connected to performance, productivity, and progress monitoring.
EDUTAS provides resources, instruction, and expert consultation for implementing Strategic Communications practices. These practices support success of an organization’s strategic plan through internal and external communication, input, feedback, and stakeholder engagement to build widespread support and create system-wide clarity and coherence.
To learn more about Strategic Communication, please visit our Archived Knowledge Base.
EDUTAS provides Strategic Instructional Planning and Design focused on standards-based lessons, units, and courses. With decades of successful classroom, leadership, and administrative experience, our team facilitates collaborative development of engaging and rigorous instructional plans.
To learn more about Curriculum Mapping, please visit our Archived Knowledge Base.
EDUTAS provides Project Management services for public and private non-profit organizations and associations. Our project managers oversee all aspects of projects and can
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure on-time, within-budget execution and completion of projects;
- Establish deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor project progress;
- Prepare project status reports for upper management;
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- Ensure resource availability and allocation;
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress;
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques;
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques;
- Report and escalate to management as needed;
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders;
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks;
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project;
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels; and
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
EDUTAS conducts District and School Diagnostic and Readiness Assessments designed to prepare districts and/or schools to begin school improvement planning focused on the most important and most impactful areas of need. Comprehensive assessments and recommendations include learner, teacher, administrator, and community needs in the areas of leadership, instruction, talent management, equity, support, and accountability. EDUTAS’s typical process involves document reviews, classroom observations, interviews, focus groups, and collaborative stakeholder sessions facilitated to identify root causes. Recommendations and reports will be provided to assist districts and schools in identifying next steps for improvement.