This KnowledgeBase archive includes content and external links that were accurate and relevant as of September 30, 2019.
The Curriculum Mapping KnowledgeBase is an online resource supporting education professionals with the development and use of curriculum mapping as part of their instructional strategies. The KnowledgeBase is based on four elements derived from The Curriculum Mapping Planner: Templates, Tools, and Resources for Effective Professional Development authored by Heidi Hayes Jacobs and Ann Johnson, and published by ASCD.
Task 2: Identify the Revision Points
Guideline: The Oklahoma State Department of Education's Process of Curriculum Mapping outline lists five aspects of identifying revision points. They are
- "highlight areas of inconsistency within and across grade levels,
- note areas for possible revision in the curriculum,
- focus on horizontal and vertical articulation of concepts,
- identify common areas of concern and look for ways to eliminate or minimize their impact, and
- identify gaps and overlaps."
Together, they provide a focus for reviewing maps.