ABOUT SOUTHWEST PREVENTION CENTER
CREATE HEALTHY, SAFE COMMUNITIES THROUGH THE POWER OF PREVENTION
The Southwest Prevention Center (SWPC), a department of University of Oklahoma Outreach, serves as a catalyst for positive social change and is committed to the prevention of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse and related high-risk behaviors. Spanning more than a decade, SWPC has a rich history providing prevention information, training, technical assistance, and prevention resource system development with clients across a multi-state region.
Our mission is to be a dynamic resource dedicated to building safe and healthy communities through shared knowledge, skill, and capacity development.
- People support what they help create
- Skilled, knowledgeable local people best solve local problems
- Evidence guides effective practice
- Believe in the power of prevention
- Provide the highest quality technical assistance and training
- Help people and communities help themselves
- Serve as an agent of change through innovation and learning
- Appreciate cultural diversity and inclusion