SWPC's Oklahoma Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant (SPF-SIG) program aims to address the misuse of prescription and over-the-counter medications within Cleveland and McClain counties.
The SPF-SIG program collaborates with the Regional Epidemiology Outcomes Workgroup (REOW) for Region 8, in order to share, compile, and consider local data related to ATOD prevention for informed and appropriate prevention planning. The REOW consists of a network of regional experts, organizations, and community members who have a stake in reducing the negative consequences of ATOD in their communities.
The REOW’s ongoing assessment, planning, and decision-monitoring efforts complement the SPF-SIG program's work toward increasing community members' knowledge, skills, and attitudes around the harm and costs of misusing medications. Ultimately, the SPF-SIG program is working for behavior change among the local population that leads to reduced instances of prescription medication misuse, overdose, and death.
- Prevent and reduce the onset of the misuse of medications among adults
- Reduce substance abuse-related problems
- Build capacity of prevention stakeholders at the county level
- Support the continued work of the Regional Epidemiology Outcomes Workgroup
- Utilize data-driven planning to set local priorities
- Implement evidence-based strategies, policies, and practices in communities
- Focus on outcome-based prevention
Contact the SPF-SIG Coordinator