These FAQs provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Forum Conference Services. For additional information, or if you don't find an answer to your question here, feel free to contact us at (405) 325-3603.
What audio/visual equipment is included in the room rate?
A/V packages including laptop, projector, screen, wireless presenter, mics, sound system, and webcam is available to rent for $50 per room, per day.
Are table and chairs included in the room rate?
Yes, the room rate includes all tables and chairs. Due to Covid, all of our rooms are setup classroom style with tables and one chair per table measured for social distancing. Please note that furniture cannot currently be moved.
Does the Forum have WIFI?
The Forum has free Wi-Fi throughout the entire building. Simply connect to the “OUGUEST” network and agree to the university’s license terms. Please allow 5 minutes for your device to fully register onto the network.
Where do I park, and do I need a permit?
Access to the Forum Parking Lot is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. During the hours of 7:30am to 9pm Monday through Friday, the Forum will provide a parking permit that must be displayed on the dashboard of vehicles at no charge.
What are the Forum's hours of operation?
The Forum is available for events to be booked 24 hours a day. However, for events that will take place between the hours of midnight and 6:00 am, there will be an “After Hours” fee of $75 per hour to cover costs for an event specialist to be onsite for your event.
Is there a list of approved caterers?
You can use any caterer you wish in the Forum Building. You can make catering arrangements for your event or one of our event coordinators will be happy to work with caterers on your behalf. However, all beverages must be purchased from the Forum.
Do you permit food and beverages in the meeting spaces?
All beverages must be purchased from the Forum. Any caterer may be used for food service at the Forum. Due to Covid, we are requiring either served buffets or pre-packaged meals. Most caterers will accommodate pre-packaged meals for your event for quickest serving. If you opt for a served buffet, please note that you must use the caterer to serve the meal. The Forum will work with you on how best to serve your meal.
Do you provide beverage services?
The Forum offers beverage services, which include coffee, iced tea, and bottled water. Please note that all beverages must be purchased from the Forum.
Is the Forum Building ADA accessible?
All areas of the Forum Building meet ADA accessibility guidelines.
To request accommodation based upon need, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (405) 325-4318.
How do I reserve space in the Forum Building?
Fill out the Room Reservation Request
The deadline for submitting any reservation is three full working days prior to the event (e.g. If an event is planned for Monday, the request needs to be submitted no later than 5:00 PM the Wednesday before). Details on how to reserve space are listed below:
- University Departments and Non-University groups may request for space up to 2 years in advance. Requests for future reservations may be submitted immediately following the conclusion of the event during the current year.
- Reservations scheduled more than one year in advance may not be guaranteed set pricing, including rooms, equipment, and staffing fees. The fee schedule is subject to change each fiscal year and will be set on the date one year prior to scheduled event.
- Reservation requests more than 2 years in advance will require approval from the Forum and Conference Services Director
- Reservations may be made through the Forum Virtual Booking website or by contacting Forum Reservations at email@example.com or 405-325-4318.
- Registered Student Organizations may request reservations for the Fall Semester beginning April 15 and for the Spring and Summer Semesters beginning on November 15.
- Reservations should be made through the Forum Virtual Booking website or by contacting Forum Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-325-4318.
- Registered Student Organizations may request recurring space up to 30 days in advance for a maximum of 4 hours each. Recurring space is limited to seminar rooms only. Other rooms are not eligible for recurring reservations unless approved by the Forum Reservations Office.
- Reservations should be made by contacting the Forum Reservation office at email@example.com or 405-325-4318.
Is an event agreement or deposit required to reserve the space?
The Forum requires that an event agreement be signed for all room reservations made by Non-University groups. University Departments and Registered Student Organizations are required to provide a current Chartfield Spread for billing or alternative payment arrangements upon reservation. A deposit is not required to reserve space for clients in good financial standing.
When will I receive my bill?
For non-University events, the Forum sends invoices out each month. However, if you would like to pay for your reservation before your event or before receiving your bill, we will gladly provide an invoice prior to our regular monthly billing. For University departments, the Forum will initiate a cost transfer and provide documentation monthly.
Are there hotels onsite?
The Forum does not have hotels onsite; however, we will gladly work with you to determine the best hotel(s) to fit the needs of your event.
What is the Forum's alcohol policy?
Alcoholic beverages may be served only by a licensed liquor handler. The serving of alcoholic beverages must comply with Oklahoma State Statutes. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to individuals under the age of 21.
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the Forum Building by the organization or guests under any circumstances.
- Serving alcoholic beverages will be terminated no later than 45 minutes prior to the conclusion of an event.
- Neither the organization, nor its guests, will be allowed to take alcoholic beverages outside of the space rented for the event, including restrooms and spaces rented by other organizations.
- Under no circumstances will alcoholic beverages be permitted in outdoor spaces.
All campus-affiliated student organizations and all students who are currently enrolled at the University of Oklahoma or are pre-enrolled for subsequent semesters and have attended the institution for at least one semester in the current or past academic year are responsible for following applicable federal, state and local laws, the Student Rights and Responsibilities Code and the Student Alcohol Policy. The university reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to require a security guard for which organization would be liable for the charges.