EARLY LEARNING QUICK ASSESSMENTS
IMPROVE STUDENT OUTCOMES. ENHANCE TEACHER EFFECTIVENESS. CLOSE ACHIEVEMENT GAPS.
WHAT IS ELQA?
Early Learning Quick Assessments (ELQA) are a series of quick assessments that monitor progress in early literacy and numeracy skills during pre-kindergarten and kindergarten. Students’ skills are assessed at intervals throughout the school year so teachers are able to:
- Identify students at risk for not meeting early targets
- Differentiate instruction to prepare children for kindergarten and beyond
WHY CHOOSE ELQA?
- Quick and easy to administer
Our assessments are an efficient and teacher-friendly method to determine what students know regarding early literacy and numeracy skills.
Our assessments are low-cost and high-quality. The affordable, one-time fee includes full access to student assessments and reports with no additional or hidden costs. We also offer bulk discounts for 26+ classrooms. See our Pricing page for details.
- Close achievement gaps
- Align with State standards
- Differentiated instruction
Information from our individual student and classroom reports helps teachers make well-informed decisions about differentiating instruction for children’s literacy and numeracy development.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH ELQA?
- Assess students three to five times during school year
- Identify students at-risk for not meeting targets
- Ensure parents are up-to-date on their child's progress with a "Parent Conference Report" (also available in Spanish)
- Provide individual student, classroom, school, and district-level reports
ASSESSMENT DATA INFORMS INSTRUCTION
ELQA helps teachers pinpoint what is and is not working in their instruction. ELQA provides data to guide group instruction.
QUICK AND TEACHER-FRIENDLY
ELQA provides assessments for pre-k and kindergarten student progress in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
WANT TO TRY ELQA?
Not a current ELQA user? Take advantage of our FREE 60-Day trial.
The free trial allows you to:
- Assess your students for one time period on essential early literacy and numeracy skills
- Access individual and classroom reports that provide detailed data to help teachers inform and differentiate instruction
Once the trial period has expired, the organization/school can purchase the assessment and all data is saved.